- Posts: 29
- Thank you received: 0
Log In
Log in
78 928 heater/ac control
16 years 1 month ago #703
by monte928
78 928 heater/ac control was created by monte928
trying to install a used one in good cond. My problem is the person that had the car before me cut all the wires and I need a wiring dia. to reconnect the new one, I got the vac. lines fig. out and I got all the wire plugs both ends Iam not sure what goes where. can anyone HELP
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 1 month ago #708
by Kiln_Red
Replied by Kiln_Red on topic 78 928 heater/ac control
www.cannell.co.uk/928_Workshop_Manuals/1...20Flow%20Diagram.pdf
Above is a complete wiring diagram for your car. If that doesn't solve it for you, just let me know and I would be more than happy to post my own schematic for you with a picture or two. I believe the climate control functions are the same in my car. I would have to find out first but I think I can help.
Above is a complete wiring diagram for your car. If that doesn't solve it for you, just let me know and I would be more than happy to post my own schematic for you with a picture or two. I believe the climate control functions are the same in my car. I would have to find out first but I think I can help.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 1 month ago #762
by mrrodfitz
Replied by mrrodfitz on topic 78 928 heater/ac control
HVAC controls & vents work fine, however, every now & then when I turn the a/c on, fan full speed, no air comes out; later, works fine.
Also, there's airflow only when the vent is open; when closed, nothing. Is the duct hose out of alignment?
Lastsly, where can I get new knobs for the sliders?
Also, there's airflow only when the vent is open; when closed, nothing. Is the duct hose out of alignment?
Lastsly, where can I get new knobs for the sliders?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
16 years 1 month ago #766
by srshaw3
The system changes air flow based on a vacuum system. Cracks in bladders can cause issues. I would suggest reviewing the hvac vacuum system.
Buttons for the sliders are available as I recall. I would hope any of the good 928 vendors can help you.
Replied by srshaw3 on topic 78 928 heater/ac control
mrrodfitz;797 wrote: HVAC controls & vents work fine, however, every now & then when I turn the a/c on, fan full speed, no air comes out; later, works fine.
Also, there's airflow only when the vent is open; when closed, nothing. Is the duct hose out of alignment?
Lastsly, where can I get new knobs for the sliders?
The system changes air flow based on a vacuum system. Cracks in bladders can cause issues. I would suggest reviewing the hvac vacuum system.
Buttons for the sliders are available as I recall. I would hope any of the good 928 vendors can help you.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.