What Kind Of Tires Do You Use

More
16 years 5 months ago #243 by Jbws86928
Pirelli 225/50/16

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 weeks ago #773 by 928mac
I thought that I should up date this thread now that I have some miles on my tires.
Just about 4000 kilometers on the new rear Yokohama's now and there is only about 30% left.
I am shocked that these tires wore out so quick

left tire


right tire


when they were new


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 4 weeks ago #774 by srshaw3
Check the alignment. You probably know this, but too much toe either way could cause increased wear.

928mac;808 wrote: I thought that I should up date this thread now that I have some miles on my tires.
Just about 4000 kilometers on the new rear Yokohama's now and there is only about 30% left.
I am shocked that these tires wore out so quick

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #868 by Pcplod
I would suspect rapid acceleration as opposed to any alignment problems for the wear issues on those tires.;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #869 by Pcplod
Forgot to add my tire choice - Continental ExtremeContact DWS in 225/50/16 on original wheels. They don't have that many miles on them, but they are FANTASTIC so far!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 weeks ago #870 by 928mac

Pcplod;903 wrote: I would suspect rapid acceleration as opposed to any alignment problems for the wear issues on those tires.;)


I thought that was normal in a porsche, ha ha
yes and a lot of 2nd gear rubber when going from 1st to second at 6300

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928, billvvOC