× Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

Help! I can't get my hood open.

• whale driver
  • whale driver's Avatar Topic Author
More
26 Jan 2020 20:26 #21110 by whale driver
Help! I can't get my hood open. was created by whale driver
I just bought my 89 928 and in an attempt to open the hood by pulling on the under dash lever, I can't get the latch to release. I tried pulling on the cable but only get about an inch of travel. Not being totally familiar with its workings, is there an option to opening the hood? Obviously there is no way to access the latch from above or the grille front. Is there any way to release the latch from underneath?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• whale driver
  • whale driver's Avatar Topic Author
More
28 Jan 2020 22:37 #21113 by whale driver
Replied by whale driver on topic Help! I can't get my hood open.
I was able to get a solution to opening the hood from another source. It turned out to be a simple one. Apparently the problem was caused by a bad adjustment of the spring loaded rod that engages the body repticle. It was screwed in too far. Had the wife push down firmly on the hood near the Porsche emblem, which is right above the rod, while I pulled hard on the hood release inside the cockpit and it opened! Adjusted the rod two turns clockwise to extend allow a little space and it now works normally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Rich928billvvOC

Don't have an account yet? Register Now!